Skip navigation.
What if your email address could demand respect?

Taking Action against Fraud –

If you believe you are a victim or attempted victim of Internet fraud, you should take action as soon as possible in the following ways:

  • provides many resources for filing consumer complaints. Federal Trade Commission participates in this great resource.
  • Report the fraud to your State's Attorney General. The National Association of State Attorneys General has contact information for your state.
  • File an online complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC.) The IFCC is a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center and filing a complaint with the IFCC will alert the appropriate authorities at the local, state and/or federal level.
  • The National Fraud Information Center (NFIC) also has an online report form available.
  • In addition, you can file a complaint with a specific Federal Agency depending on the type of Internet fraud:
    • Consumer Fraud (personal): The Federal Trade Commission
    • Securities Fraud (financial): The Securities and Exchange Commission
    • Commodities Fraud (product-related): The Commodities Futures Trading Commission